There is a great tip for how to cover acne scars that I only just came across recently. After years of practice and experience covering my acne and acne scars, I should have known this. Better late than never.
Here is the trick:
** Let your concealer set for a few seconds before you blend. **
Sounds so obvious, doesn’t it? Well, I am always in such a rush that I’ve never done that. It is amazing the difference it makes.
The next time you put on your makeup, follow these steps to cover your acne scars, pimples, discoloration. You name it.
- Wash your skin
- Apply your preferred acne treatment
- Apply your preferred moisturizer
- Put on a little primer
- Dab on a little concealer
- Let it set for a few seconds!!!
- Blend by dabbing gently or using a concealer brush to blend the edges
- Finish off with a little foundation, but don’t rub it in. Otherwise, all your careful concealer application will be ruined. If you can, just use a little powder foundation instead of liquid
I would love to hear anyone else’s tips for covering acne scars or covering acne in general. Comments are always welcome.
P.S. My preferred concealer at the moment is Tarte’s
The Eraser 4-in-1 Natural Concealer