Mineral Makeup and Acne: A Perfect Match
Why is mineral makeup so popular for acne prone skin?
Mineral makeup has become extremely popular as the best foundation for acne prone skin. This is for a number of reasons:
- No added chemicals. Chemicals can irritate acne prone skin, which is already very sensitive. Make sure you read ingredients since there are a few brands of mineral makeup that contain bismuth oxychloride, which can aggravate your acne.
- No pore-clogging ingredients. As with any makeup for acne, read the label to make sure it is non-comedogenic (does not clog pores).
- Provides natural looking coverage. The minerals do not settle into pores, but rather they are buffed across the surface of the skin
- Conceals acne well. If you choose the right color for your skin, mineral makeup concealers will reduce the redness without the creaminess and chalky qualities of other concealers.
- Some mineral makeup products provide healing and soothing properties. There are a few brands, such as Bare Escentuals, that have products that contain healing minerals
- Many mineral makeup products contain non-chemical sunscreen. Most mineral makeup contains titanium dioxide, a physical sunscreen (versus chemical)
Here are a few tips from my own experience using Bare Escentuals bareMinerals mineral makeup for many years:
- It provides great coverage so long as I use a primer, as well as moisturizer in dry areas
- I use the Multi-Tasking Face Concealer under and over the mineral foundation makeup to give extra coverage
- If I just have a small blemish to heal, I use the Rare Minerals Blemish Therapy at night without prescription treatment
- Combine the concealer with the blemish therapy
- Use Mineral Veil over any foundation, bare essentials makeup or liquid foundation
- Always use at least one of the products with SPF – foundation and/or Mineral Veil
- Sometimes only use Warmth without any blush for just a hint of color
- If just want a little liner, use their mineral eyeliner without water
- Always use their concealer brush – it’s the best
Read my best mineral makeup reviews for the best mineral makeup recommendations.
Filed under: Acne Makeup Tips
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!