MAC Blot Powder – User Review
The MAC Blot Powder is a sheer, minimum-coverage blotting powder that comes in a .42 oz compact of pressed powder. It is meant for blotting excess oil off your face and perfect for midday touch-ups.
I absolutely fell in love with this powder, and I wasn’t surprised after reading such rave reviews for it online. I was matched with Medium Dark, which made me a little skeptical considering the fact that makeup brands don’t usually carry shades light enough for my skin tone. But after testing some of the other colors, I realized that it doesn’t really matter which color you get because the powder has almost no pigmentation. A lighter shade would merely have given me a ghostly, white cast that I certainly don’t want.
The oil controlling power of the MAC Blot Powder is amazing. It makes any unwanted shininess disappear without looking at all cakey. I use this powder to set my T-zone after foundation and at any point in the day when my face feels a little oily or sweaty. This is the perfect makeup item for spring and summer!
- Incredible blotting powder for oily skinned girls
- Takes away shine without looking cakey
- Perfect for midday touch-ups
- More expensive than a drugstore powder (But much, much more effective!)
- Does not give any coverage (If you need coverage, use a liquid foundation, powder foundation, or concealer. This powder is not meant for coverage, it is meant for oil control.)
- Strange color range (Make sure to buy a darker powder than usual to avoid a whitish cast.)
This powder is best for:
Any girl who gets a little (or a lot!) of excess oil and needs a quick and easy blotting fix.
Tips for Using MAC Blot Powder:
- For flawless skin, use a liquid or powder foundation and concealer, depending on your preferences and skin type.
- Set your foundation with the Blot Powder using a large, fluffy brush.
- Bring the powder along in your purse for touch-ups. You can carry a travel-size powder brush with you or simply use the cotton pad in the compact.
- If you have seriously oily skin or are sweating a lot, blot your skin with oil blotting papers first, then dust your face with the Blot Powder.
Where to Buy:
You can get many MAC makeup products at Amazon, including the MAC Blot Powder Pressed Face Powders and their loose powder and blotting sheet.
Reviewed by Rachel
Filed under: Blotting Powder
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!