bareMinerals SPF 25 Mineral Veil Review
This is Bare Escentuals’ new version of Mineral Veil, now with SPF 25. It has all the qualities of the original mineral veil, but with sun protection. As with the original version, the SPF 25 Mineral Veil is designed to give a finishing touch to makeup by softening lines, minimizing pores, eliminating shine, and keeping makeup fresh all day. The SPF version comes in a sheer powder and a tinted version. The non-SPF version also comes in a hydrating and an illuminating version.
Summary of Reviews:
The new bareMinerals SPF 25 Mineral Veil is by far my favorite product in Bare Escentuals bareMineral line. I have used it for years and I don’t just reserve it for use with the bareMinerals foundation. It works well over any foundation or even just over concealer.
User reviews overall agree that this is the best loose powder you can find. It looks great even if you have break outs, doesn’t make you break out, absorbs oil without drying you out, doesn’t cake up, sets makeup really well so that it lasts, and gives a soft, flawless finish. Need I say more.
Naturally, there are always some people who have had a bad experience with any product. There were a couple people who said that it did make them break out. I’m not sure which mineral veil they were using, but there is one illuminating formula which contains bismuth oxychloride. Stay away from that one if you break out easily. Another comment was that it can be messy to use. This is definitely true. Until Bare Escentuals redesigns all their containers you have to be very careful when opening them and measuring out the powder or it can spill everywhere. I manage that by turning the container upside down when it is closed. Then I turn it back over and open it carefully. There is usually just the right amount of powder left in the cap to use. Any little powder that gets on the counter doesn’t matter to me since I love this product.
- Beautiful finish softens the look of your whole face
- Controls oil
- Does not dry you out
- Does not make you break out
- Lasts all day
- Can be used in multiple ways
- The container can be messy. Be careful when opening it
- The illuminating version of the original mineral veil has bismuth oxychloride. Stay away from it
Best for these skin types:
- Any skin type
- Dry skin can try the hydrating version, but it doesn’t have SPF in it
Tips for application:
- Use Bare Escentuals swirl and tap method to make sure you don’t use too much
- When your skin is not too broken out, use a little Multi-Tasking Concealer or other concealer with a little Mineral Veil on top by itself
- Try using just concealer and the tinted Mineral Veil in the summer
- Use over any foundation, not just the bareMinerals one if you don’t like mineral foundation
Where to buy:
You can buy Bare Escentuals bareMinerals SPF 25 Mineral Veil at great prices from Amazon.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!