bareMinerals Multi-Tasking Face Concealer Review
This is a mineral-based powder concealer with SPF 20 that can be used for many purposes, including concealing acne and other skin imperfections. Bare Escentuals also describes it as a soft eyeshadow base and good for covering dark circles under eyes. It is oil-free, as well as free of other chemicals and ingredients that typically cause sensitivity reactions.
Summary of Reviews:
Bare Escentuals advertises its makeup as “so pure you can sleep in it”. While any acne expert will tell you that sleeping in your makeup is a VERY bad idea, Bare Escentuals’ line of mineral makeup is one of the most popular ones around for people with acne. It gets consistently high ratings and most users say that it does not aggravate their acne at all. In fact, most of the hundreds of reviews we looked at raved about this product. The only real complaint is about the color choice. The lightest color is still a little too dark for those with very fair skin.
Almost all users agree that bareMinerals Multi-Tasking concealer provides excellent coverage anywhere it is used. However, applying it correctly is critical to achieving the right effect. There are videos that are provided with some of the kits and which help with instructions on how to apply the makeup. I’ve found that the Bare Escentuals brushes work perfectly with their line and are great for other products as well. The concealer brush is essential!
Note that this concealer is meant to be used with the bareMinerals line of foundation powders. I have tried using it over liquid foundation and it does work well also, as long as the foundation is completely dry. Just don’t try to use it under anything other than powder foundation or it will look terrible.
bareMinerals Multi-Tasking Face Concealer works particularly well for oily or combination skin. It does a good job of covering large pores without clogging them, especially when layered with the bareMinerals foundation powder. For dryer or more mature skin, the powder can have a tendency of settling into fine lines as the day goes on – particularly under the eyes if you use it there. It works beautifully as an eyeshadow base or natural shadow for everyone.
- Excellent coverage
- Doesn’t aggravate acne or cause breakouts
- Good staying power when applied correctly
- Non-drying and silky to the touch
- Great as an eyeshadow base and undereye brightener
- The lightest shade is too dark for very fair skin
- Settles into any fine lines, especially around the eyes
- Best used with the bareMinerals foundations, or other mineral foundations, though can be used over liquid foundation
Best for these skin types:
- Oily or combination
- Dry skin – stay away from anywhere with fine lines.
Tips for application:
- Apply a primer, or at least a light moisturizer as a base.
- Use the Bare Escentuals concealing brush and watch their application video.
- Use the Multi-Tasking concealer for an eyeshadow base also, or as a general all-over powder if you are in a rush and need to get out the door fast.
- Brush a dusting of Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil over your whole face to set concealer and foundation and help control oil.
Where to Buy:
bareMinerals Multi-Tasking Face Concealer and other Bare Escentuals products are available from SkinStore.com for a good price since they often have discounts. SkinStore.com also sells the
bareMinerals Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush which is an essential tool.
You can also get these products from Sephora stores, some large department stores, Ulta, Amazon.com (Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Multi-Tasking Face), and other online makeup sites.
Filed under: Concealer Makeup
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!