Murad Acne Treatment Concealer Review
Murad’s Acne Treatment Concealer was developed by a dermatologist, Dr. Howard Murad, as part of his line of acne treatment products. It is oil-free, contains 2% salicylic acid for treating acne, Vitamin A for regulating oil production, and green tea extracts for protecting against the environment. Murad’s concealer comes in a stick form and was created to both treat and cover acne blemishes.
Summary of Reviews:
People seem to either love or hate Murad’s concealer. Murad quotes one of its reviews from Lucky magazine which says:
“86% of users experienced overall better skin in 2 weeks.”
Reviews from reputable sites, like Sephora.com and Makeupalley.com, show a more diverse response. Only a few reviewers said that their acne was cleared up by the concealer. However, most people did say that their acne did not get worse, which is a significant positive for anyone with acne when it comes to using makeup. Most reviewers also said that it provides good coverage, though it can be hard to blend unless you use a concealer brush. For most people, it also lasted several hours and just needed some touching up during the day. Luckily, it comes in a very portable stick that is easy to throw in your bag.
The biggest complaint reviewers had was about the range of colors. Murad’s concealer only comes in three colors, all of which have slightly yellow undertones. This means that for anyone with peachy or very fair skin, this concealer just may not work. Your best bet is to give it a try and return it if the color isn’t right. The other biggest complaint was that it can be drying. If your blemishes are already dry, this concealer can make that worse and therefore make them more obvious and flaky. In this case, you need to moisturize first or use a different concealer on those days. For those whose blemishes are not dry, Murad’s concealer can help dry them out and cover them.
- Doesn’t make acne worse and, in some cases, helps heal blemishes
- Gives good coverage for most people. This is a thicker concealer
- Gentle on the skin
- Can wear it on its own, without foundation, if the color matches your skin
- Long-lasting if set with a little powder
- Extremely portable for touch-ups during the day
- Can be hard to blend. Need to use a concealer brush
- Not enough colors, especially for fair skin, but good for those with yellow undertones
- Can look cakey. Need to use in small amounts
- Expensive at $21 for one stick. If only using on blemishes it will last a long time.
Best for these skin types:
- All skin types liked this product on blemishes
- Oily skin can use on larger areas if necessary
- Drier skin must stay away from dry areas
Tips for application:
- Use a good concealer brush to apply and blend around edges
- Set with a loose powder, like Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil
- Apply a small amount at a time and bring along for touch ups during the day
- Don’t apply to very dry blemishes. Use a liquid concealer, like L’Oreal’s True Match, on those days, or moisturize the area first with an oil-free gentle moisturizer.
Where to buy?
You can purchase Murad’s Acne Treatment Concealer by clicking the link below.
This product is only available through specialty stores like Sephora, or online.
Filed under: Concealer Makeup
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!