Many people complain about their forehead acne and mistakenly believe that it is caused by their makeup. In fact, it can actually be your hair that is the reason, as one of our readers correctly guessed.
Question: I have bangs and I’ve been noticing that I have a lot more acne on my forehead than usual. Is this because of my bangs? If so, what can I do to prevent the acne?
Having bangs actually can affect some girls’ skin, especially those with oily skin or hair. Here are some tips for determining if your hair is one of the causes of your forehead acne and how to prevent it:
- First, try keeping your bangs off your forehead for about a week or two. If your acne starts to get better, then you know that your bangs are probably the source of the problem. If this happens, don’t worry! There are many things you can do to prevent your bangs from giving you acne.
- Make sure that you wash your bangs thoroughly every day and try not to use any hair products in them, since oils and products in your bangs can transfer to your skin and break you out.
- If you are exercising or sweating at all, keep your bangs off your face using hair clips or a headband.
- If you find that your bangs get oily during the day, use a dry shampoo or baby powder to soak up the oils.
- To treat the acne in the meantime, try using an over the counter salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide treatment once a day.
- Last but not least, make sure to wash your face thoroughly in the morning and at night to keep your skin fresh!
You can always conceal the acne on your forehead while it is healing. Check out some of our recommendations for the best makeup for oily acne prone skin to find ones that will work for you without making you break out further.
P.S. You can also use an acne makeup that has medicine in it to help heal the breakout. Read our article on The Best Two-in-One Products for some recommendations.